COMBERTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held in
the Old Village Hall on
Mr M Bennett
Dr B Burton
Mr D Charge
Mr A Hollick
Dr C Chambers
Mrs S Hyde
Dr J McCabe
Mrs D Morison
Mr R Rowlands
Dr H Roscoe
Miss C Westgarth (Chairman)
Mrs A Webb
In attendance: 4 members of the public and Mrs G Stoehr (Clerk).
Mr A Bailey (ill). Mr R Rowlands (holiday).
2. To approve the minutes of the last meeting including the
confidential minutes on
On a proposition by Mr Bennett, seconded by Dr Roscoe the minutes of the meeting were approved as a true record after the following amendment:
· Page 338 correct spellings - lollipop and Wakelin
The minutes were signed by the Chairman.
On a proposition by Dr McCabe, seconded by Mr Bennett the confidential minutes were approved as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
consider the letter from Sue Reynolds about the
A letter dated
On a proposition by Mr Bennett, seconded by Dr Roscoe it was agreed that Mrs Hyde, Mrs Morrison, Dr Roscoe and Mr Charge should meet with Ms Reynolds and Mr Lines to discuss this further. Cllr Baldwin is also to be invited to attend.
4. Proposed recreation ground extension to consider the reply from Bidwells
The letter from Mr Bryant dated 28 July agreeing to the inclusion of the words recreation use as long as all the other heads of terms remained unchanged was received with delight.
On a proposition by Mr Bennett, seconded by Dr McCabe it was unanimously agreed to proceed with the purchase of the proposed extension (excluding the access strip) and to instruct Mills & Reeve accordingly. It was further resolved so as not to delay matters that:
· A cheque could be issued for the deposit when required without the need for a further meeting
· The transfer papers could be signed, when the Parish Councils solicitor was satisfied, by the Chairman and one other member (countersigned by the Clerk) in accordance with standing orders.
A loan application be made to
the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister for £
The budget for FY2006-20
· EDF be contacted to reroute the overhead electricity cable
· A planning application for change of use be made and a cheque for the fee be issued.
Dr Chambers arrived at this point in the meeting.
5. Proposed new village hall Lease and associated matters
An unsigned letter and supporting documents/evidence dated 28 July from Mr B Cook received by email was considered.
At the meeting was declared re-opened to the public. None returned to the meeting.
On a proposition by Dr Chambers, seconded by Dr Roscoe carried unanimously it was resolved that Comberton Parish Council:
· Accept the advice of its solicitor as detailed in her letter (confidential)
Support the initiative to form
a new charity (based on the
· Appoint Dr Burton to join Mr Hollick on the VIT to support the Trustees. Dr Burton and Mr Hollick have the remit to proactively help and support the rest of the Trustees to establish, constitute and register the proposed new trust without delay in preparation for the new charity to receive the Agreement for Lease. They will also serve on the new Charity as the Parish Councils representatives. They will work with the new Charity to draw up the business plan to satisfy 2b iv and be supported as appropriate by Dr Chambers and Mr Bennett between Council meetings
· Has an expectation that the new Charity and outstanding conditions will be in place by the end of March 2006 if not sooner. If for what ever reason the proposed new charity is not formed in time, and to save jeopardising the project, if there is evidence that the conditions in 2b are satisfied the Parish Council would be pleased to issue the Agreement to Lease to the Village Institute Trustees.
· Agree that the Lease, which ever body it is issued to, will be as per the Heads of Terms already agreed
· Will not permit a loan secured against the property to be taken out
· Require all the points in 2b have to be satisfied before the Agreement to Lease is issued and any work begun on the site.
(Whilst noting the letter from the Charity Commission
dated 3 December
It was further resolved that:
loan application be made to the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister for £60,000
(as first agreed on
budget for FY2006-20
· The solicitor be instructed to proceed with the agreement to lease and site plan ready for its issue in the very near future as soon as the outstanding matters are in place.
There was no further business and the meeting closed at