COMBERTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting held in the Old Village Hall
on Wednesday 31 July 2002
Mr M Bennett
Mrs R Bratt
Mrs S Hyde
Mr R James
Dr J McCabe
Mrs D Morison
Mr C Pettit
Mr G Saunders
Ms J Wakelin
Miss C Westgarth
Dr M Wright (Chairman)
In attendance: Mrs G Stoehr (Clerk).
Mr R Abraham.
2. Village Hall matters including new Lease/Trust
A letter, dated 29 July from the Village Institute Chairman outlining the following four aims of the Institute Trustees:
1. Obtain a new lease from the Parish Council for the whole site - normal recommendation is for 25 years but 40 or 99 preferred
2. Surrender the lease on the old village hall site
3. Form a new charity based on the ACRE mode; and any old assets form the Old Hall be passed to the new charity. New Charity name to be decided
4. Remove the existing charity from the register
and a report from Ann Hunter, ACRE's Village Halls Advisor of a meeting on 18 July, were received and considered.
On a proposition by Ms Wakelin, seconded by Mrs Morison it was unanimously agreed to move forward, with legal advice to establish a new Lease and Trust based on the Model B Lease of Land and Deed of Trust for the whole site, the new Lease being for a minimum of 40 years.
On a proposition by Mr James, seconded by Mrs Hyde it was agreed that the Chairman be delegated to discuss the finer points of the Lease with the Solicitor between meetings
There was no further business and the meeting closed at 7.56pm.
Signed Chairman date.