Minutes of Comberton
Annual Parish Meeting
on Monday 25 April 2005 at 7.30pm in the New Village Hall.
Present: 29 parishioners including Parish Council members, Mrs LG Stoehr, Clerk.
1. Approval & signing of the minutes of the previous Annual Parish Meeting on 24 May 2004.
The minutes were read by the clerk, approved by the meeting and signed by the Chairman as a true record.
2. Matters arising from the minutes
3. Report of the Parish Council for the year 2004-2005 from Chris Westgarth, Chairman.
This was presented by Miss Westgarth, the Parish Council Chairmanand is appended in full to these minutes.
5. Report by Cllr S. Harangozo on District Council Matters
The report was circulated and taken as read.
6. Report by Cllr R. Martlew on County Council Matters
Cllr Martlew was not present at the meeting.
7. Report on the work and activities of groups and organisations who have either received a grant from the Parish Council or have Parish Council appointees on their charity or organisation.
7.2 Old School House (grant)
Clare Crang presented the report.
A report was not available at the meeting and therefore will be appended in full to the minutes.
7.4 St Mary’s Church (grant)
Don Fisher’s report covered the churchyard which it is hoped will be ready for everyone but not too soon!
7.5 Comberton Scouts (grant)
John Gresham reported that the scouts hut is in place and will be ready for use. There will be a reopening which is yet to be arranged.
7.6 Friends of CVC (grant)
7.7 Comberton Village Institute (grant)
7.8 Comberton Contact (grant)
Peter Wolfers reported that they are currently well placed for finances.
7.9 CCC Library Services (grant)
Appended to the minutes.
Questions on any of the above reports - none
8. To consider resolutions of which advance notice has been given.
None had been received.
9. Any other Parish Matters
were expressed over the housing in
9.4 The condition of the old Village Shop was raised. Concern was expressed over rats, squatters etc. It was agreed to inform the owner.
9.5 It was
stated that the roundabout in
9.6 It was noted that there are problems with underage drinking in the village.
was expressed that it was difficult to walk also on the public right of way
Presentation and open discussion on the proposed
The presentation on the proposed village design statement was well received and was followed by an open discussion to give residents an opportunity to express their views and complete a short questionnaire
There was no further business and the meeting closed at 9.00pm.
Signed (Chairman) (date)
 Parish Council report
 Financial report
 The audited financial statement of the Parish Council for the year
 Report by Councillor S Harangozo on District Council matters
 Old School House
 Comberton Village Institute
 CCC Library Services.
 Village Design Statement presentation & questionnaire